What do you absolutely need for baby? If money is tight, what’s the bare minimum?
- Diapers- just when you think you have enough, get 5 more boxes
- Onesies- you could leave the kid in just a diaper I suppose… But 10 onesies are nice
- Car seat- unless you don’t plan on ever leaving the house and your pediatrician makes house calls
- Baby wipes- true, you could use face cloths, but you’ll reconsider that after the 3rd diaper blowout of the day
- Sleeping arrangements- this is a broad category since it could include a crib, a swing, a rock n play, a bassinet, or a cosleeper. That’s your preference, but remember it’s really not up to you and the kiddo will let you know what they think pretty quickly.
Now let’s say you have a few extra bucks…
- Snot sucker- Nose Frieda or bulb will do the job
- Receiving blankets/swaddles- that will help little one sleep, which is a glorious thing
- Noise machine- you could download an app for your phone for free, though